There’s no doubt that choosing an air conditioner can be a time consuming and sometimes stressful task. As you browse over the hundreds of options on the market, you may be confused about what size air con you need, where to put it or even what brand to get. There are plenty Central Coast split system air conditioner options, which we’ve outlined below.
What Size Air Con Do I Need?
The size of the air conditioner you choose will depend on the size of the room you wish to cool.It is important to choose the right size, as air conditioners that are too big will use more energy, while one that is too small won’t cool the room efficiently. The below is the standard guide used when choosing an air conditioner:
- For a room 10m2 to 20m2, a 2.6kW unit should cool the room;
- For a room 20m2 to 30m2, a 3.5kW unit should cool the room;
- For a room 30m2 to 45m2, a 5-6kW unit should cool the room;
- For a room 45m2 to 65m2, a 7-8kW unit should cool the room.
What Actually is a Split System Air Conditioner?
A split system air conditioner is made up of two parts – the internal section and the external section where the hot air is disposed. These systems are relatively low cost to install and with the ability to put separate units in each room, there is flexibility to control the temperature in the rooms you use the most.
The internal part of the air conditioner should be positioned away from anything that produces heat – ovens, cook tops, fireplaces etc. Higher up on the wall is best as the cool air can be distributed around the room better. The external part should be placed outside in a shaded, cooler area away from trees. It is also recommended to place it in a spot where the noise won’t annoy you or your neighbours.
Some air conditioners come with extra features including:
- Remote control that allows you to turn on and off, and control the air con from the lounge or kitchen
- Timer – allows you to set the best time for your air con to turn on and off
- Dehumidifier – lowers the level of humidity in the air for a more comfortable home
- Reverse cycle – this type of air conditioning can heat and cool to give you year round home comfort
- Air filter – to remove odours, smoke and germs
Speak to your Central Coast split system air conditioner expert to find out what added features are available.
Cleaning & Maintenance
When installing a new split system air conditioner, your installer will be able to advise on the best cleaning and maintenance schedule and run you through the best way to clean your air conditioner.
With many options on the market, when it’s time to choose a new air conditioner, speak to Coldstream Services – the top split system air conditioner installer on the Central Coast.